Friday, December 5, 2014

Muffins! Super quick and easy


If you're reading  this post and you know me, you will know I have an obsession with shopping at Winners & HomeSense.  I make weekly trips there to check out their latest collection of yummy goodies for my kitchen pantry.

One thing I always make sure to stock up on when I see them is their Sticky Fingers Bakery scones.  They are also out of Spokane, so super easy to pick up at many different stores if you're in Washington too.

Back to the scones - they come in so many amazing flavors that cater to the season.  My fave's - Pumpkin Cranberry, California Apricot, Lemon Ginger, Raspberry White Chocolate and Spiced Eggnog.  So why do I have this on my recipe page?  Its because all you have to do is add water to make these, so I use other pantry items to make them unique and delicious.  Since I'm about to have my baby girl any day now, I wanted to share this with other mothers (or just anyone who hardly has anytime to cook) - so you can have an amazing home cooked dish that people will think you made from scratch!

Although these come in scones packs - I always make them in muffin trays - and these are perfect for breakfast on the go, snacks to pack, or a savory or sweet bread dish you can bring to a potluck type event.

Today, I'm making the Wild Blueberry and Cranberry ones.  I have an idea these will come in handy as meal additions for when we are back from the hospital and need something quick and easy to snack on :)


DIY Sticky Fingers Muffins

Prep Time - 5 minutes
Cook Time - 15 minutes
Total Time - 20 minutes

Recipe
1 bag of  Sticky Fingers Wild Blueberry or Cranberry scone mix
3/4 cup water (add slightly more if you are adding additional ingredients for similar texture)
** Additional Ingredients added to make it unique** (also purchased at HomeSense)
2 tbsp. butter vanilla emulsion mix
3 tbsp. organic ground coconut
3 tbsp. organic ground almonds

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl - and place in even portions in pre-greased muffin tray (1 bag makes 12 muffins).  Bake in pre-heated oven at 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes (I usually do 15 minutes based on additional ingredients added)

When done, let them stand about 5 minutes, then remove them from the tray and serve, or store them in seal proof container for later.  I guarantee you will love these, and will find so many awesome ways to make them your own.

No comments :

Post a Comment