Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Weekending - Super Bowl Sunday at Home

 
 
It seems like forever since I posted on my babygirl!  Sophie turned 7 weeks on Superbowl Sunday.  It's crazy how fast time flies.  She is so talkative right now, and by talkative I mean she makes so many sounds that she wasn't making a week ago.  She practically sleeps through the night now (wakes up about 2 times for a quick feeding) and then sleeps in until 9ish.  Around 9am, Ill place her on the bed where she greets me with warm smiles and we have our girl talk.  Ill ask her what she wants to do for the day, and she will respond with lion like roars and other cute baby sounds.  It's definitely a special moment :)
 
So what did everyone think of the Superbowl game on Sunday?  Clearly some amazing plays, and one really horrible play at the end.  Honestly I wasn't feeling Katy perform for the half time show and found her segment too boring and cheesy.  I absolutely loved Missy though!  And I've always been a Kravitz fan, I just wish the one song he sang wasn't a Katy Perry song.
 
This is the first year Nicholas & I haven't gone out for the Superbowl, so we stayed at home and made the most of it.  Of course a game isn't a game without amazing food and drinks!  I found some super tasty yet easy recipes on pinterest that I replicated for the game - all recipes can be found on my pinterest page.

https://www.pinterest.com/streetstylestef/eat/
 
We also made some southern punch with smoked maple whiskey, ginger liqueur, lemongrass ginger sparking water & peach lemonade.  So tasty! 

 
I also managed to getaway for a little retail therapy on Saturday and scored this super cozy Halston Heritage sweater for such a bargain!  It retails for $445 and I purchased it at $43 - over 90% off!  How I love Winners and their semi annual final clearance events.  I'm not one that purchases a lot of random cheap clothes, as I have expensive taste - but I do believe in investing in quality pieces that will last throughout many seasons that can be blended into my wardrobe easily.  Plus one can never have too many cozy sweaters right!

 
Hope everyone had an amazing weekend!
 

2 comments :

  1. That drink and those recipes look sooo yummy! And your baby girl is the cutest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Stephanie! Familiar with the Liebster Award? Well, I just nominated you for it! I’m thrilled to have found your blog and am already following you. Cheers, girl! Congratulations!

    http://jeansandatanktop.com/my-liebster-award-nomination/

    ReplyDelete