Tuesday, January 13, 2015

4 Weeks with Night Fury

 
Hello lovelies.  Our little night fury is just over 4 weeks now & turns one month tomorrow!  So what have Sophie & I been up to the past for days..
 
We had her 4 week Dr apt where she weighed in at 9lbs 2oz, and is 54 cm (1.8 feet tall).  She's definitely going to be a tall one!  So for this appointment, I brought like a million things inside my largest Coach bag.  Yes I'm one of those moms who doesn't have an actual diaper bag as I don't want to settle on a tacky one I don't like, and haven't found the perfect one yet.  Anyways, I even brought a change table cover with me, since last time Sophie destroyed the Dr table - 3 times.  However, I guess when you're over prepared, that's when your kids are at the best, as I had no messy situations to clean up this time :) Its also her last Dr apt until her 2 month shots - so I'm definitely thankful to have such a happy healthy baby. 
 
We purchased the chair pictured below a few months ago, as we wanted to make sure we had the perfect bed time stories chair for Sophia.  When I sat her in it for the first time, I couldn't believe how tiny she looked!  We haven't started reading to her just yet, but we play peekaboo and sing to her whatever vinyl we have going on. 


 
Sunday, was Golden Globes day!  Seriously, I was only on 3 or 4 hours of sleep, and rather than nap I was glued to the red carpets.  At least Nicholas was on full daddy duty, so I could drink my wine & watch all the sexiness of Hollywood.  So 2 years ago I was all about Django and nothing else.  Last year I was rooting for 12 Years a Slave, Wolf of Wall Street and Dallas Buyers Club.  This year, the only movie that was nominated that I was all about was Selma.  I knew it probably wouldn't win, but I gotta say I was so stoked to see John Legend and Common win for best song.  The speech that Common made has got to be the most touching speech of the night.  I've always loved Common and his conscious lyrics.. and I mean, he teared up Oprah.. Congrats to both for their fantastic win of the night.
 

Now - onto the fashion!  My 2 faves of the night - Kate Hudson & Chrissy Teigen.  Chrissy rocked an embellished pink Zuhair Murad with diamonds.  Teigen & Legend were definitely my best dressed couple of the night!  And Hudson blew me away in her gorgeous Versace gown that was made for her flawless body.  Clearly plunging v lines & sparkles made the best dressed list on Sunday.  So Haute!



Of course I couldn't forget about the fellas.  One of the sexiest things about a man, is how well he can wear a fitted suit - and both Common & Jared Leto looked amazing!  Both bring so much sex appeal, and actually look like grown men you'd want to bring home after the awards are done.  Good job boys.

 
As for my #fashionfails of the night, It would be between J Lo & Keira Knightley.  Normally these ladies are dressed to kill, but I just wasn't feeling their looks.  J Lo had way to much going on & her dress looked way to costume and not enough red carpet couture for me - and Knightley, I don't even know what to say.  Amish bugs gone wrong?  Even the butterfly clutch.  Just too much :(  It's sad cause I absolutely love Chanel - just not every look clearly.

1 comment :

  1. What a beautiful baby!! So precious! Jared Leto made my llist too! I also must agree with you about JLo. I feel that dress was maybe more appropriate for the Met Gala or something.

    ReplyDelete