Thursday, January 8, 2015

Daddys Little Night Fury

 
 Ahh Sophia.  We love you so, even though you have the weirdest sleep habits.  Thank Goodness for my morning staple of dark strong coffee & blended avocado/pineapple smoothies to keep me going.
 
Nicholas is calling Sophie our little Night Fury, as one night she will be up all night long, & the next she will sleep right through it practically.  I love the nights when I get 7 hours of sleep but the ones with 1-2 hours, not so much.  The thing is she isn't even crying or anything, she's just wide awake making playful noises for attention and won't let us sleep.  

 
Her daytime naps used to be consistent, but now they vary and some days she will sleep all day & others she will be wide awake until 3 or 4.  I am starting to notice that if I want her to sleep - I just have to give her a good feeding & then her pacifier after I burp her, and half the time it will work and she will be out for a few hours.  I'm so in love with all of her cute faces - her massive yawns that look like she's angry, her excited to see something faces, and then of course her beautiful resting face as she naps.

 
Some other highlights of the week are that we have a new family Dr!  We switched to the Dr that delivered Sophie to us, and have our first appointment in February for her 2 month shots.  We took down all our Christmas items which is bittersweet as it was such a wonderful holiday season - although I'm looking forward to decorating for spring.  It's also award show season!  That's one thing I look forward to each year - all the red carpet glam, memorial tributes, and fashion police.  It will be interesting this year to see how Fashion Police will run, as I don't think it will be the same without Joan Rivers.  I also attempted to master the art of a baby sling & I was so horrible at it.  There's no way I could use that to carry her when out and about, as it took forever to put on & get her in it - and still there was hardly any support for her poor little head.  I have no idea how other moms use them so easily.  I think Ill stick with the Baby Bjorn carrier for now.  Sophia still wears newborn clothes, although she is quite tall so we will be probably switching to her 3 month clothes soon. I also discovered this site with recipes for amazing breakfast ideas you can prepare the night before.  I'm definitely looking forward to making some of the recipes (can be found here) such as Apple Cinnamon Quinoa Breakfast Bake, and Slow Cooker Banana Nut Oatmeal.  Ill keep you posted with now my versions turn out and if I modify them at all :)

No comments :

Post a Comment