Monday, August 31, 2015

Hello BC Storm

Hello lovelies!  Hello September.  I feel like I haven't been around much this summer, but then blogging has always been a rainy day hobby to me.  With a crazy #BCstorm that's been going on since Friday night (the worst since 2006) and about half a million houses that didn't have power this weekend (luckily we did), I figured its time for a blog update.
 
Been making the most of our Barnett Marine beach side days.  Clearly, Sophie is having the best time too.
 

We also had a family day out at Bloedel Bird Conservatory, that features plants and birds from all over the world, under one big dome.  These are all rescue birds.  Sophie went on full Tarzan Jane mode too with random baby roars throughout our visit.



And then the storm hit.  So we chilled on our balcony, and mama drank almond milk lattes and Sophie enjoyed the sounds of rain, and the crazy gushes of wind.



I made my first ever batch of sugar cookies (that I infused with an all natural peppermint oil).  These may look like summer, but they taste like Christmas!  Also my first time ever using royal icing, so it was so much fun making these.  I'm totally making Christmas cookies this year.


Dancing with Sophie to some Jazz and Soul also makes our rainy days more fun.  Al Green, Miles Davis, Sam Cooke, The Righteous Bros, and Billie all made there way to my player this weekend.


And I leave you with a few shots of balcony chills from today, since it's too rainy to be outside.  Who needs toys, when baby hands seem to be her amusement.  Hope everyone makes the most out of the last few weeks of summer!  Three weeks to Maui!


xox, Stephanie

3 comments :

  1. So good to see you again! She is adorable. I love how her hand is amazing to her. She gets prettier and prettier everytime I see her. Countdown begins to Hawaii - Good thing you weren't there this week, they too are having storm issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, hey, hey! Sophie is growing too fast! AHH!! Oh and her blue coat...oh-my-adorable-ness. She's so stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That family photo of you guys is too cute. Sophie looks so thrilled! Those cookies look awesome too! Makes me wanna try to do some cookie decorating ;)

    ReplyDelete